Remember this is fashion jewelry. This jewelry can last years if you take proper care.
* Treat your jewelry as if it were an heirloom.
* Remove jewelry when performing manual tasks (gardening, housework, or exercise) to prevent physical damage or exposure to chemicals or cleaning fluids.
* Apply cologne, lotion or any type of cosmetic product before you dress.
* Avoid swimming or showering while wearing your jewelry.
* Avoid exposing your jewelry to chlorine, salt water, or other corrosive substances.
* Avoid exposing your jewelry to household cleaning products.
* When you remove your jewelry, wipe it with a clean soft cotton or flannel cloth to remove perspiration, oils, or other air pollutants which might contain chlorine or sulfur.
* Use only a clean soft cloth, a soft brush, or a polishing cloth to clean your jewelry.
* don’t use silver polish or dipping solutions as they will remove the finish.
* Inspect your jewelry regularly for damage or potential problems.
* Wearing your sterling silver jewelry regularly will help prevent unintended tarnish.
* Store your jewelry individually in the tarnish/corrosion resistant pouches or a soft cloth lined box wrapped in tissue paper to prevent scratches and tarnish.
* Be mindful that Silver plated pieces will wear and turn with excessive wear